Thursday, October 25, 2007

Possible delay

I'm trying not to lose it here. As you all know, the wait between referral and travel is approx. 3 months. We're almost 2 months into the wait, so a month from travel. Probably closer to 5-6 weeks away.

USCIS just announced yesterday that there will be a change to the processing of adoptions in Vietnam. Instead of going there and filing the I600 and having 2 interviews with USCIS in Vietnam, parents will have to file before going. This will incur a 60-day wait. It's effective Nov. 1. So if we don't travel before then (which we won't), we'll have to file our I600 now, and wait at least 60 days.

This is SO not fair. It's going to affect dozens of families with referrals who are waiting on travel. I'm waiting to hear more from my agency on how to proceed. I have the form ready, but even if I file now, we won't be going this year, probably.

My baby is sick. She has a bad case of scabies. She's so young, and so miserable (I'm sure-because of the scabies) and I just want to get to her ASAP. All this red tape crap that changes with no notice is NOT cool. I don't know if I should write my senator, start a petition, wait it out, or what. I'm really distraught over this and trying not to get too upset until I know more.

We have one of the best facilitators working for our agency. Please pray/send good thoughts/whatever that he can make this happen quickly and our adoption won't be delayed.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Getting closer!

Still no news on travel, but we did get updated pictures of Madison last week. She's so beautiful. I wish I could post pictures on here, but I'm not allowed until she's officially ours (G&R). No updates on weight, though. She does have a bad case of scabies, so she's probably miserable. I wish we could just go on over there and give her the medicine she needs.

Dylan is doing well. He's getting over strep (3rd time in 6 weeks). We hope to keep him well until after we travel!

Our travel partner, my sis-in-law Susan, had an accident and broke her leg badly, so she won't be going with us to Vietnam now. It'll just be Chris and me, with Dylan and Maddie. It's going to be tough, but we'll make it.

We're estimating we'll go around the same time as last year-December. We're so ready to go NOW! Well, except we haven't packed. But we could do that quickly. LOL

Dylan is learning so much at his new day-care. He can sign 'more' and 'hungry.' So even though he's not talking well, he can communicate. But the past week or so, he's been talking up a storm. Mainly just repeating words we say, but he's doing so well. It's like nothing happened for months, then the words just started coming like an avalanche.

We're loving cloth-diapering. It's expensive, but he seems more comfortable and SO cute! We also do wool, which works like a diaper cover over the 'fitted' diapers that aren't waterproof. Here are some new pictures.